Printing plays a dynamic role on regular days, where a picture is worth a thousand words. Printers’ capacity to give proper color is important for recording memories and essential information. Epson printers have gained immense popularity for giving the best results. But, printing work can get hampered by the Epson Printer Not Printing Color problem. In this blog, we will examine the causes and their solutions to fix this annoying problem. Restore your Epson printer with effortless fixes and cherish your workflow.
Why is the Epson printer not printing color? [Reasoning]
An accurate diagnosis makes sure that actions taken to solve the problem minimize complications. So, for this purpose, it is important to understand the cause of the error before fixing it. Identifying and addressing the Epson printer’s problem of not printing color correctly can help restore the printer’s printing functionality. The printer not printing color error occurs due to the following reasons:
- Pending Printing job
- Dirty print head
- The device is not set as the default printer.
- Running an outdated or old printer driver version
- If the printer is not connected with correct port.
How to Quickly Fix the Epson Printer Color Printing Problem [Easy Methods]
Users ask many times, Why is my Epson printer not printing color after sufficient ink?. The answer to this question is clear for the reasons discussed above. Now, check out a few basic techniques to fix color printing errors with Epson printers. To quickly fix and bring your prints’ brilliant color output back, try these methods:
Method 1: Clear printing job pending
For an effective solution and minimizing complications, try to clear pending print jobs.
Follow these steps to get your print back in the correct color printing mode:
- Open the ‘Run box’.
- Type “services.msc” and press enter.
- Go to the service window, navigate to print spooler, and right-click on it to open Properties’.
- Press “stop” and “OK”.
- Open ‘File Explorer’.
- Feed ‘%windir%System32spoolPRINTERS’ to the address bar.
- Remove or delete every file visible here.
- Click on “Print Spooler” to open properties.
- Hit the start option and press the “OK” button.
- Shut down everything and turn off the computer and printer.
- Restart the system and printer and check if the problem is resolved.
Method 2: Clean the dirty printer head.
Due to dust or soil, the printer head gets dirty and stops functioning.
For cleaning the printer head, follow these steps:
- Go to ‘Control Panel’.
- Click on “Hardware and Sound”.
- Choose the “Devices and Printers” options.
- Choose your Epson printer from the list of printers shown in the window.
- Right-click on the “Epson printer” and choose “Printing preferences”.
- Choose “Maintenance”.
- Choose “Head cleaning”.
- Wait for 5 minutes to finish the cleaning process.
- After the cleaning process, a dialogue box will appear with the options “Print nozzle check pattern” and “Finish”.
- Choose the former option to print a test page.
- Repeat the cleaning process if the error is not resolved.
Method 3: Set the Epson printer as the default device.
If you are wondering how to fix printer color problems with Epson, then set it as the default printer. Try these steps to set our device as the default printer:
- Go to ‘Start’ menu
- Press on the ‘Settings’.
- Hit the ‘Printer & Scanners’ menu.
- Go to the ‘Devices’.
- Press the ‘Printer and Scanners’.
- Select your Epson printer.
- Click the ‘Manage’. option.
- Choose the ‘Set as Default’ button.
Method 4: Get Epson printer drivers updated.
Another method to fix the Epson printer not printing color error is to update printer drivers.
Check the following steps to fix the color printing problem:
- Go to the “Start” menu.
- Enter ‘Device Manager’ and hit ‘Enter’.
- Press on your printer.
- Click the right-side mouse button on your Epson printer and choose ‘Update Driver’.
- Choose ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Method 5: Correct port setting for printer
Sometimes wrong port settings cause printing problems in Epson printers.
To correct the port setting, follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’.
- Press ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Select your printer.
- Right-click to open ‘Printer properties’.
- Hit Ports’ and click ‘Add port’.
- Choose ‘Standard TCP/IP Port’ and enter ‘New port’.
- Press ‘Next’.
- Hit the ‘Apply’ button.
After this, restart your device and check if the problem is fixed or not.
You can easily fix the Epson printer not printing color error with the help of the methods discussed in this blog. Keep the printer head clean, finish pending printing jobs, and update printer drivers. Also, don’t forget to check port settings and update the printer as the default device.